Monday, July 2, 2018

Comfort Quilt for Coworker

Recently a long-time coworker has been faced with some health issues.  I had some extra t-shirts around, also asked for some donations and received several more.  I brought 4 of the blocks to work and had people sign well wishes.  And here is the finished quilt.  The backing is nice "drapy" fleece and so it turned out pretty soft.  I've discovered the backing has a lot to do with how nicely (or not nicely) a t-shirt quilt drapes.  Hopefully the signatures will last, we used a .08 Pigma pen and I heat set them.


Edited to add the thank you note

Omg I love this quilt so much!! Happy tears it came at the perfect time! I been depressed since Sunday! So sick of cancer and all the side effects I deal with daily! It truly made me so happy! I know God is good! I stay in prayer I need to beat cancer! 💪🏻Be on the look out for a Thank you note I will be sending to thank everyone! Please tell everyone I truly appreciate the love and kindness that was put into the quilt 💙 I will do chemo again in 2 weeks and will use this every time to remind of yalls kindness! I miss y'all more than you know! Much love to everyone💕💕💕💕John loves it too 

No comments:

Post a Comment