Saturday, January 13, 2018

A couple of commission quilts from work

Because I've donated quilts at work for raffles and United Way many people know that I make T-Shirt quilts.  I'll frequently get questions about how much it would cost.  Usually I quote a price, they look surprised then say thanks, but no thanks.  But on occasion they appreciate the work that goes into the quilt and ask when I can start. 

This first quilt was for a co-worker's daughter who had recently graduated from high school.  I made it on a similar plan, using columns of the same sized blocks, arranged with color and subjects randomly scattered. 


And this was an unusual request.  My co-worker and her husband are long time season ticket holders for the Dallas Cowboys.  She had a collection of the towels they give out at the games and wanted me to make a quilt for her husband for his birthday.  I wasn't sure how I was going to do it, but agree to try.  I didn't use any interfacing.  And the sewing room looked like it had snowed from all the little bits of towel fluff, but it turned out well, largely because of the fun Dallas Cowboy fabric she found for the sashing. I quilted it with stars, just to keep with the theme.  She tells me he loves the quilt and won't let their little dog lay on it just in case it thinks of chewing.  


No comments:

Post a Comment